I keep telling people that Chris and I are trying to pack all of our big life events in at once.
- I spent a transformative summer at the urban farming apprenticeship, and I feel like a more balanced, happy, and just BETTER human being coming out of it. I will be forever grateful for this experience.
- We are getting married in less than a month.
- And drum roll please… we will be welcoming a new little one into our little lives next February.
No, really. Did you read that last bullet? Take a closer look. That’s right (second drum roll, please)… WE ARE HAVING A BABY!
- I’m feeling pretty good.
- I’ve started getting used to this whole idea/not being totally freaked out and worried at every pang that something is wrong.
- I’m meeting a new midwife tomorrow and hopefully switching practices.
- Chris is an awesome daddy-to-be, buying me candied ginger when I was in the throes of first trimester nausea, coming to my doctor appointments (even if it’s just for moral support when dealing with idiots), and peeling me off the couch every night after I’ve fallen asleep in the middle of yet another movie or episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation.
I also seem to have popped out somewhere around 11 weeks, although I think to everyone else I probably still look like I just ate a few too many cookies. Which I have, but that’s besides the point.