Not gonna lie: this has been kind of a rough month.* However, with the turning of the calendar page in just two more sleeps, I’m feeling cautiously optimistic that maybe, possibly things will get better in August. With tentative joy, then, I give you… THE FINAL CANNING REPORT FOR JULY, which features a lot of delicious repeats.
- Pickled Beets (3 jars): The first batch of pickled beets were so delicious, I planted a ton more AND made a trip to the farmers’ market for two big bunches of them. We cooked up the greens over a couple of different nights, then pickled three jars of beets. Totally worth the $6 I paid to the local farmer.
- Rosemary Jelly (5 half-pint jars)
- Honeyed Hot Peppers (2 half-pint jars)
Also canned this month:
- Cinnamon Blueberry Jam (9 4-oz. jelly jars)
- Garden Herb Blueberry Jam (2 jars)
- Rosemary Jelly (3 half-pint jars)
- Hot-Cumin Pickled Summer Squash (4 jars)
- Turmeric Refrigerator Pickles (4 jars)
- Bread and Butter Pickles (4 jars)
- Honeyed Green Hot Peppers (2 jars)
- Pickled Beets (2 jars)
- Classic Pickle Spears (3 jars)
*I should add that there have also been awesome things going on this month, so it’s not all bad. We’re happy, we’re alive… we’re just a little worn down at the moment. Nothing to see here!