February 15, 2014. No matter what they tell you about due dates and how they really are just general guidelines, EVERYONE counts down to the due date – websites, friends, family, pregnancy e-newsletters, and, most especially, the parents to be.
Yesterday was our official due date, and, although it did not yield a baby, we did make it a lovely day. Our due date antics included the following:
- A visit to the Indy Winter Farmers Market, where we ran into a birthday girl and some good friends and co-workers. Mostly, it was nice to get out into the hustle and bustle of the market, always a great place to spend your Saturday morning.
- A trip to my favorite yarn store in Indianapolis, Mass Ave. Knit Shop (which is actually located on Virginia Ave., but whatever), for some splurge yarn… and GIRL SCOUT COOKIES! How can you not love a knit shop that has oodles and oodles of to-die-for yarns AND boxes of Girl Scout cookies waiting for you at the register?
- Lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant, La Margarita in Fountain Square, for tacos de chorizo and the best damn virgin peach margarita a girl can find.
- A long, hot bath while Chris shoveled the driveway (again) and cleaned the most recent 6″ dump of snow off my car (bless him).
- Some photo documentation of the two (three?) of us in celebration of surviving the last 40 weeks!
Today, we took Birdie on a very snowy walk at Holliday Park. The snow was up to her chest! I’m going to walk this baby out of me.