As I get closer and closer to starting this whole child-rearing journey all over again with a second little guy, I find myself constantly amazed of Willem, our first little guy. I swear the kid has grown leaps and bounds in the last several months.
The latest: potty learning and language. Maybe we’ll get to potty training some other day. Let’s just say I am completely amazed at his ability to really get it this time around. It’s totally impressive to me that in just a week, we are really getting this down. I’m so glad to be laying this groundwork now, even if things slip a little (understandably) when Baby #2 arrives.
Now for the fun stuff: language. A few choice phrases in Willem-ese:
- Helicopter: “apart-ter-ter”
- Octopus: “ah-puh-tata”
- Lawn mower: “murr-murr”
- Again: “ah-NENN”
- Stuck (his favorite book lately): “kuh”
- Semi (as in semi truck): “hem-eye”
Some other faves:
- Together/Apart: he says “apart” with such gusto, all high at the end – “ah-PAAAARRRRT.” He also loves pulling things apart just so he can say it over and over.
- “Oh no!” repeated in a very high, sweet falsetto, usually when he does something like purposely pulling his train off the tracks
- “Milk” – which sounds more like a goofy “MEEEEEELK” (totally taught him that, I’m so proud)
And just to get a real dose of the cuteness over here: