I wanted to pick some specific actions for my 2018 bucket list, but truthfully most of these fall under overall goals to center myself on how I can make an impact locally, focus back in on my own needs and health, and be more mindful and present in my daily life.
- Read more books. I just finished The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, which was completely spell binding. Here’s what I’ve had on my shelves for faaaaar too long:
- Focus on learning about food access issues in Indianapolis (and incorporate food access ideas and food rescue at the community garden).
- Start a daily exercise routine. Here’s my obligatory “I just got a gym membership” mirror selfie from this morning:
- Attend Kheprw Institute community discussions.
- Attend a Showing Up for Racial Justice white ally training.
- Cut out alcohol.
- Conversely, start going back to Indy Pub Knitters meetings again at least monthly. (In other words, save my drinking for special occasions with awesome people doing things I like).
- Focus back in on the community garden.