This optimistic update is brought to you by:
- Coffee with Mexican hot chocolate mixed in – hot and hot!
- Less grass, more herbs and edibles: our new front yard view
Lavender, sage, lemon balm, mint, oregano, and transplanted native wildflowers.
- Tomato (and basil) season!
- First canning of the season: peppers, beets, and cumin-spiced summer squash
- Getting our very first wedding response card in the mail (also, friends who, by the time we get married, will be Mr. and Mrs. So excited for you!)
- Sky Farm sneak previews, hard hats, safety goggles, and very sexy construction vests
- And this adorable song, which has been stuck in my head all morning: YACHT, “I Believe in You”
I am so excited to say that we have a date and location for the wedding! Drum roll, please…
On September 7, 2013, we will be getting married at South Circle Farm! The farm is just south of downtown Indianapolis and uses organic practices to grow fresh food for the farmers market, restaurants, and a CSA. I sort of adore the “captain of the ship” over there, Amy Matthews, and she has graciously given us the go ahead to be wed on her beautiful piece of land.
We’ll be married under their shade awning (built by the People for Urban Progress, which I just learned) amongst the plants and wildflowers and bees and (hopefully) sunshine.
I don’t think I could be more excited about our wedding location. I love the work Amy does, and the farm, at around one and a half acres (I think) is a gorgeous example of how once pretty much defunct, unused land can be turned into something amazing. I am just so grateful!
Photos courtesy of South Circle Farm.
Next up: Photographer. Dinner location. Cake/pastries. Officiant. Decorations and sign in book. Get a marriage license (or whatever we need). Mail out invitations (which I printed up last night. Sneak preview: go ahead – put a bird on it). Set up a web page. Flowers. Hotel reservation. And maybe figure out brunch for the next day’s open house. Just a thing or two, you know… no big.
Long story short: WE HAVE A WEDDING LOCATION! Photos courtesy of South Circle Farm.